- Theopolis Podcast: Thirteenth Sunday After Pentecost
- Podcast: The Weirdness of Matthew 27:51-54
- What Can We Learn From the Jordan Peterson Phenomenon?
- Video: Is The Widow With The Two Mites A Positive Example Of Sacrificial Giving?
- Video: How Can Peter Describe False Teachers as Having Been ‘Bought’ By Christ?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Christology
Today’s question: “I would like to ask a two-part question: (a) could you give a defense from the Scripture for figural preaching and typological reading; (b) how would you respond to the criticism of typological exegesis as a way seeking hidden … Continue reading
The following is the audio of a talk that I recently gave at the UK L’Abri, on the subject of the Transfiguration and how it can help us to think about Scripture. https://s123.podbean.com/pb/46d1578d39eaa2859de03c42dd3e617a/5b5dc03e/data1/fs104/1795681/uploads/Seeing_the_Transfigured_Word-Alastair_Roberts.mp3
Today I answer a question about the classical doctrine of the Trinity. There is much that I’d love to say more clearly or carefully than I do in this video, or to elaborate upon further, so feel free to send … Continue reading
On this week’s episode of Mere Fidelity Derek and I are joined by Dr Vern Poythress to discuss his recent book, Theophany: A Biblical Theology of God’s Appearing. You can also follow the podcast on iTunes, or using this RSS feed. Listen … Continue reading
In our final podcast of 2017, the entire cast is on the show to discuss the Virgin Birth. You can also follow the podcast on iTunes, or using this RSS feed. Listen to past episodes on Soundcloud and on this page on my blog.
A piece of mine has just been posted over on the Theopolis Institute’s blog. Within it, I argue that the story of the gospels is the story of two births, that the nativity narratives should be read in parallel with … Continue reading
The Eternal Subordination of the Son Controversy: 9. Indivisible Divine Authority in Mutually Defining Relations
1. The Debate So Far 2. Survey of Some Relevant Material 3. Subordination 4. The Need for Trinitarian Clarity (Part 1) 5. The Need for Trinitarian Clarity (Part 2) 6. The Tension Between Bible and Doctrine 7. Reconciling Scripture and Dogma 8. κεφαλή … Continue reading