Links for the weekend. Perhaps it is also time to remind my readers that linking does not imply agreement. I typically disagree sharply with many of my links, but believe that they are nonetheless worth reading, reflecting upon, or engaging with.
1. 17. The Mother of All Living; 18. Justice and Helplessness; 19. Knowing the Other; 20. Sex After Sin
2. Christ the Head
3. Truncating the Politics of Jesus
4. Diversional Welfare State
5. Innocence that Grows: Christianity and the Fantastic Imagination
6. Thought Leaders: Coleridge, the Clerisy, and Catalyst Live
7. The Safest Road to Hell
8. I Should Get the ‘Spiritual Friendship’ Blog (et al) But I Don’t
9. “All the Lonely People”: On Hospitality, Again
10. The Search for Authority and the Fear of Difference
11. R. Scott Clark the Theologian
12. Westminster and Common Land
13. A Calvinist Revival for Evangelicals
14. Why Aren’t Natural Law Arguments More Persuasive?
15. Why Do Christians Disagree?
16. 2014—The Anglicans to Watch
17. Have Atheists Hijacked the Word “Humanist”?
18. Search Term Friday: Calvin and Hobbes Let’s Go Exploring
19. Working For All You Are Worth: Some More Thoughts on the Minimum Wage Debate
20. More on Thinking
21. Children’s Tsar Wastes Breath About Smacking
22. Corporal Punishment: Thoughts?
23. Patriarchy’s Magic Trick: How Anything Perceived as Women’s Work Immediately Sheds its Value – For a predictably highly provocative counter-perspective see parts II and III of this. Both sides here are missing some very important parts of the big picture, it seems to me.
24. Camille Paglia: A Feminist Defence of Masculine Virtues
25. Camille Paglia Doesn’t Understand How Civilizations Commit Suicide
26. Sorry, Camille Paglia: Feminism is the Best Thing That Ever Happened to Men
27. London’s Cathedral of Sewage
28. Tweet Police
29. 12 Maps That Changed the World
30. How Sleep Deprivation Decays the Mind and Body
31. The Most Fascinating Science GIFs of 2013
32. A Blind Pirate – On cryptomnesia
33. The 124 States of America
34. How to Properly Pronounce ‘Ghibli’ and Other Fun Trivia About the Legendary Animation Studio
35. Cocaine is Evil
37. Who Rules the Roost? The On-Going Battle of the Sexes
38. How to Break the Stranglehold of Academics on Critical Thinking
39. The Dark Side of Emotional Intelligence
40. Why Procrastinators Procrastinate, How to Beat Procrastination
41. Decoding Einstein’s Brain
42. Free, as in Agent
43. What Counts as Provenance Evidence?
44. Ten Things: North Korea’s Film Industry
45. 100 Things We Didn’t Know Last Year
46. 20 of 2013’s Most Overused Words
47. Parts of New York City are Built on the Ruins of English Cathedrals
48. Lol My Thesis – Summing up PhD theses in a single sentence
49. Mapping How Emotions Manifest in the Body
50. XKCD’s Notes from the Past
51. Lego Batman and Robin, Joker’s Funhouse
52. The Problem With Time and Timezones