2013 has seen 101 new posts on this blog and one large blogging project—40 Days of Exoduses. While this might suggest a bumper year, my output since Easter has been quite underwhelming. Other study commitments, my common preference for commenting on other people’s blogs rather than writing my own posts, several large mothballed projects (one of 30,000+ words), and my desire to focus more upon reading and other activities during my free time have all resulted in a precipitous drop in the amount of original material posted here. Posting is unlikely to pick up any time soon.
Most Visited Posts in 2013
As usual, controversy gets hits. The last two posts were posted in 2012, but continued to be popular into 2013.
1. Talking About My Generation: Millennials and the Church
2. Rob Bell and Don Draper—The Ad Man’s Gospel
3. The Same-Sex Marriage Debate—Questions and Answers (lots of hits for the fuller version here too)
4. On Triggering and the Triggered, Part 4
5. The Institution of Marriage, Same-Sex Unions, and Procreation
Most Visited Non-Controversial Posts in 2013
The second and fifth were posted in 2012.
1. A Lament for Google Reader
2. Summary of Edwin Friedman’s ‘A Failure of Nerve’: Part 1
3. Samson on the Cross: A Good Friday Reflection
4. Walter White’s Wicked Felina
5. Sex and Death on the Threshing Floor
A Few Personal Favourite Posts
The Cup of the Adulteress: Understanding the Jealousy Ritual of Numbers 5
Orthodox Alexithymia and Unorthodox Sentimentalism
A Portable Mountain and Competing Calves—40 Days of Exoduses (19)
The Testing of the Throne-Bearers—40 Days of Exoduses (20)
Some of my Guest posts from 2013