It’s that time of the week again, folks! Here are some links from the last few days.
1. On Still Reading Barth: Some Sympathetic Reflections
2. On Reading and Not-Reading Barth
4. What Tolkien Officially Said About Elf Sex
5. Breaking Bad is TV’s Best Medical Drama, Ever
6. Revisiting Milgram’s Obedience Experiment: What Did He Actually Prove?
7. “You Didn’t Talk About…” (Or, It’s Just a Blog Post)
8. How does Jesus Save? An Alternative Typology (Against Gustav Aulén)
9. “Living the Questions” Isn’t Everything
10. Faster Than a Speeding … Pulp Writer?
11. How to Make School Better for Boys
12. A Hermeneutics of the Open Ear
13. The Anti-Intellectualism of Intellectuals
14. The Exercise of Authoritah
16. Facebook News Feed Changed Everything
17. “Internet Addiction” and Other Fictions
18. Stop Blaming Colonial Borders for the Middle East’s Problems
19. Can Your Language Influence Your Spending, Eating, and Smoking Habits?
20. Former Convincts Make Bad Employees—and Other Hiring Myths Exposed By Big Data
21. Rebecca Solnit on New Technologies and Counting the Cost on Technology
22. What Makes Censorship in China So Effective?
23. Considering the ‘Worship Wars’
24. The Way of Enemy Love: Dismissing Jesus, A Critical Assessment, Pt. 7
25. Huge Semi-Submersible Ships
26. Harvard Business School Case Study: Gender Equity
27. When Memorization Gets in the Way of Learning
28. What Does it Mean to be a Man? 80+ Quotes on Men and Manhood
29. Long Lives Made Humans Human
30. How Much Stronger Are Men Than Women?
31. 5 Reasons Students Shouldn’t Blog: #3 Irrelevant Topics, #4 Time Management
32. Male Holocaust Survivors Lived Longer Than Those Who Escaped Europe
34. How Many of these Obscure Collective Nouns Do You Know?
35. God Swapped for Gobbledegook – On the Brownies’ new ‘Promise’
37. Surely, God Wouldn’t Allow Climate Change to Happen…
39. Richard Dawkins Interview: ‘I Have a Certain Love for the Anglican Tradition’
40. Drought-Stricken Kenya is Sitting on 250-Trillion Litres of Groundwater
42. Can Emotional Intelligence Be Taught?
43. Callings and the Childfree Life
44. The Short Sentence as Gospel Truth
45. The Best Critique of Alternative Medicine Ever
46. N.T. Wright Wants to Save the Best Worship Songs
47. Nearly a Quarter of Men in Asia-Pacific Admit to Committing Rape
48. The Lewis Model Explains Every Culture in the World
49. Gender and the Body Language of Power
50. The Ancient Roots of Punctuation
51. The Most Astounding Aerial Photography Ever Seen
52. The Sneaky, Subversive, Anti-Internet Moral of Arcade Fire’s ‘Reflektor’ Video
53. Danielle – Incredible ageing video
54. Our Place in the Cosmos
55. Extracting Editable Objects From a Single Photo
56. 48 Names For Things You Didn’t Know Had Names
Add your own favourite links from the last week or so here in the comments!