Yesterday I started going through the last ten years of my blogging. This is all rather self-indulgent, but it has been illuminating and entertaining to look back over my writing from the past ten years and to see how it has developed. The following are some representative posts from my second year of blogging.
September 2004 to August 2005
Probably the high water mark of my theological development under the influence of Biblical Horizons and the Federal Vision. There are also a few positions scattered throughout these posts that I would be rather more cautious about today, or from which I would distance myself.
1. Paradigm Shifts – Trying to explain the most fundamental change that occurred in my earliest period of theological development.
2. Plagiarizing Myself 1 – Why we should celebrate the Lord’s Supper with alcoholic wine.
3. Hebrews 6:1-8 – A suggested reading of this text.
4. Plagiarizing Myself 2 – On Baptism and baptismal regeneration.
5. Protective Hedges – A suggestion on how to understand the ‘boundary markers’ of the works of the Law.
7. Wright on Creation and Covenant – Notes on an N.T. Wright lecture.
13. New Covenant – A response to Baptist objections on the subject.