Links for the weekend. As usual, linking definitely does not imply agreement.
1. 21. Procreation and Patriarchy; 22. The Economics of Genesis; 23. Plato Against Otherness; 24. The Future in God’s Good Word; 25. Toward Politics
2. From Heaven He Came And Sought Her Review
3. Answers in Deuteronomy – The significance of Jesus’ use of Deuteronomy in his temptations.
4. Biblical Criticism – A Jensonian critique.
5. Final Cause, Natural Supernaturalism, Modern World Picture – Leithart on David Bentley Hart’s latest.
6. The ‘Ordinance of God’ and the Right to Rebel
7. Fishers of Men
8. Royal Milk
9. Karl Barth’s Finite God
10. The Invisible Anglicanism of C.S. Lewis
11. The Confidence of Jerry Coyne
12. Fighting Porn By F.A.I.T.H.
13. Getting Medieval on the History of Science
14. Why You Just Might Want a Penal Account of Just War
15. Drug-Fuelled Culture of Control: Thinking Theologically About the Legalization of Marijuana
16. Notes From a Brisbane Nightclub
17. Christianity, Violence, and the Rise of the Liberal State
18. Jesus, Lord of the 17th Century
19. After Chapters and Verses
20. An Oh-So Subtle Twist – On what many Christians blame Phil Robertson (of Duck Dynasty) for failing to say.
21. Belated Thoughts on the Duck Dynasty Kerfuffle
22. The Problem of Gay Friendship
23. The Lonely Hausfrau
24. Suppressing Sexuality
25. Get Along to Get Along: Why Boundaries Matter
26. The Sacramental Side of Coronation
27. “The Bible Says” According to N.T. Wright (New-ish Book Coming in June)
28. Varia on NTW’s Paul and the Faithfulness of God #2
29. Where Did Earliest Christians Meet?
30. Marilynne Robinson Talks God and Science
31. Junk Bonds Raises Questions About Answers in Genesis’s Finances
32. After a Schism, a Question: Can Atheist Churches Last?
33. Cults: How to Separate Truth From Fiction
34. Reading a Novel Alters Your Brain Connectivity—So What?
35. 55 Canadianisms You May Not Know or Are Using Differently
36. Hesitate! Indecision is Sometimes the Best Way to Decide
37. The Minimum Wage Debate
38. The U.S. Economy Does Not Value Caregivers
39. How People in Muslim Countries Think Women Should Dress
40. What Do Historians Think About Power in Marriage in the Past?
41. Where Life Has Meaning: Poor, Religious Countries
42. Does Prince Charming Really Need to Be Reinvented?
43. Stop Calling Every Female Star a Feminist
44. The Easiest Possible Way to Increase Female Speakers at Conferences
45. 5 Ways White Feminists Can Address Our Own Racism
46. Men are Obsolete
47. Where’s the Power? Some Thoughts on Emer O’Toole’s Feminist Flowchart
48. The Geel Question: The Town Where the Mentally Ill Get a Warm Welcome
49. Occupational Hazards – On the near kidnapping of Alec Douglas-Home.
50. FBI No Longer Primarily a Crime-Fighting Agency
51. The Phenomenology of Temperature Perception
52. Top Ten Cities
53. Where Will We Live? – On the UK housing crisis.
54. The Paradox of Diverse Communities
55. What Your Cat is Thinking
56. Can TIME Predict Your Politics?
57. J.R.R. Tolkien’s Little Known, Gorgeous Art
58. Making Up Hollywood – The Story of Max Factor.
59. Glass, Darkly – On Google Glass
60. The Power of Ritual: Building Shared Worlds and Bonds That Transcend the Everyday
61. Supervolcano Eruption Mystery Solved
62. Animal Loses Head But Remembers Everything
63. Incredible Pictures of Sand Magnified 250 Times
64. Odours Expressible in Language, As Long As You Speak the Right Language
65. The Desolation of Peter Jackson
66. Genetic Differences Between ‘Identical’ Twins Discovered
67. Fearful Memories Haunt Mouse Descendants
68. This Woman Lost the Ability to Read, But She Can Still Write
69. How To Teach Kids To Be Grateful: Give Them Less
70. Google Scholar is Doing Just Fine, Says Google
71. Why We’re More Creative When We’re Tired and 9 Other Surprising Facts About How Our Brains Work
72. To Stop Procrastinating, Look to the Science of Mood Repair
74. Synonyms, Paraphrases, Equivalents, Restatements, Poecilonyms
75. Smart TVs, Smart Fridges, Smart Washing Machines? Disaster Waiting to Happen
76. Imagine Making $2,000 a Day From Something You Did[n’t Do] 30 Years Ago… That’s What Sting Did
77. The Simpsons House in LEGO is Now Official – Oh, and have you seen the Simpsons take on Miyazaki?
78. Heretical Coffee
79. 20 Things to Do With Urine Besides Flushing It
80. One Hundred Songs a Day
81. Most Popular Passive Aggressive Notes of 2013
82. The Adventures of Fallacy Man
83. The Bulge Illusion
84. G.K. Beale on New Testament Hermeneutics (more here)
85. The Simpsons Theme on Acoustic Guitar
86. 10 Amazing Ways to Stop Overeating