I am continuing to visit posts from my last ten years of blogging. The following are some representative posts from my third year of blogging. Several of the positions expressed in the posts below are ones that I would retract, retreat from, word differently, approach from other angles, or be more agnostic about today. However, as I want to give an unairbrushed presentation of the development of my thought here, I include some problematic posts below without further comment.
September 2005 to August 2006
1. Approaches to Justification Within the Federal Vision
2. Mark Searle on Liturgy as Critical Pedagogy
4. Girard and Imitatio Christi
5. The Jerusalem Council and the Letter to the Galatians
6. Metanarratives and Metanarratives 2
7. What are the Works of the Law?
8. Individual/Corporate and Other Musings
9. Some Remarks on Conversion Testimonies
10. Election, Etc.: Introduction, Seeing the Big Picture, Some Thoughts on Election Apart From Sin, The Sovereignty of God
11. How Gutenberg Took the Bible From Us
13. Some Thoughts on Prayer
14. The Authority of Scripture: From Priests to Prophets, The Authorizing Text
15. Brief Notes on Inerrancy
16. Baptism 101
17. Christian Faith and the Ecological Crisis
18. Van Til’s Unicorn
20. Losing Balance
21. Why I Don’t Hold to the Doctrine of Limited Atonement
22. Garrison Keillor on Liturgy
23. Brief Thoughts on Redemptive Historical Preaching
24. Sinful Nature, Justification, Sanctification, and the Spirit
25. Why is Wright Misrepresented and Misunderstood by So Many of His Reformed Critics?
26. ‘Covenant’? – Questioning the way that the term is used.