Links for the week, early again. It is unlikely that there will be any regular programming here for the next few months, but I will try to post links at regular intervals. Feel free to share your own favourite links from the last week in the comments.
1. Which Grandparent Are You Most Related To?
2. Oliver O’Donovan in Conversation
3. Why Zimbardo’s Prison Experiment Isn’t in My Textbook
4. Why Have Young People in Japan Stopped Having Sex?
5. How Science Goes Wrong
6. For Caution in the Use of Clerical Collars
7. The Skept-o-meter for Questionable Historical/Archaeological Claims
8. Fake Banksy Sells Out
9. The New, Old Way to Tell Stories: With Input From the Audience
10. The Most Popular Baby Names for Girls Since 1960
11. How Homestar Runner Changed Web Series for the Better
12. The Shocking Power of a Word of Love
13. The Ocean is Broken
14. Sold Out – A devastating piece on British higher education.
15. Is Cessationism Responsible for David Hume?
16. 3 Videos that Show Why Identical Twins Might be Different
17. Evangelical Leader Preaches Pullback From Politics, Culture Wars – On Russell Moore.
18. The Synoptic Problem Around the Blogosphere
19. Epicureanism and Regret in Modern Culture
20. First Children Are Smarter – But Why?
21. Younger Sisters ‘Learn From Older Siblings’ Mistakes’
22. Gandhi Used His Position to Sexually Exploit Young Women. The Way WE React To This Matters Even Today
23. Why So Creepy? – Male Feminists and Shoddy Arguments
24. The Burden of Saying Goodbye to a Dog
25. Jealous God
27. Martha, Martha – Martha Stewart and the new vision of domesticity.
28. How Superstition Works
29. Questions for Free-Market Moralists
30. Britain has become a nation of religious illiterates ‘who are baffled by Biblical references in Monty Python film The Life of Brian’
31. Do You Know Who I Am? – Krugman on credentials
32. Girl’s Face Ploughed into a Field
33. 10 Simple Ways to Eat Less Without Noticing
34. Thomas Edison’s Eccentric Job Interview Questions: A Cheat Sheet
35. Festschrift for Beale – From Creation to New Creation
36. Scalded by Coffee, Then News Media
37. Do You Say Among Instead of Amongst? Here’s Why.
38. Shares in People
39. The Oppressive Aesthetic of the Christian Book Store
40. Chairman Mao Invented Traditional Chinese Medicine
41. Prenatal and Postnatal Flavour Learning by Human Infants
42. How to Avoid Celebrity Derangement Syndrome: Dealing Fairly with Evans, Driscoll, and Piper
43. Let’s Stop Calling it Complementarianism and Hierarchical Complementarianism Implies Ontological Ineptitude – Very extensive discussion in the comments
44. 7 Things You Might Not Know About Calvin and Hobbes
45. In ‘Flipped’ Classrooms: A Method for Mastery
46. The Power of Patience
47. ‘The Barber’: A Story Flannery O’Connor Never Published
48. Managerialism and the Culture War
49. Caminito del Rey: The Most Dangerous Pathway in the World?
50. The Real, the Social, the Discursive
51. The Course of Their Lives – On using a cadaver in anatomy class
52. Who Is Veronika?
53. Star Wars: A Long Time Ago, in a Hive Far Far Away – An ingenious explanation for Star Wars’ poor performance on the Bechdel Test.
54. TV Shows For the Books of the Bible
55. Baby Naps Turned Into Fantastical Scenes
56. Saroo Brierley: Homeward Bound
57. Archbishop Justin Welby on Prince George’s Christening
58. Escher for Real